Thursday 5 February 2015

Fundraising update

As at 5 February, I've been raising funds for less than two weeks.  The total so far (including gift aid) is £719. 

My first sponsor, Mark Burland, was someone who just saw my post on linked in.  I had not met him and he wasn't a connection.  He knows our IT director.  Wonderful to see such humanity.

We have over 1,000 people in our business.  Try as we might, we don't always know everyone well and some of the sponsors so far have been from people I don't know.  It's humbling and it reminds me that I work in a great firm.

I know St Luke's Hospice and Jeremiah's Journey will be able to do useful things with the funds we raise.

Jeremiah's Journey have lots of fund raising events coming up, for anyone interested, including the Plymouth half Marathon in spring:

http://www.jeremiahsjourney.org.uk/run-raise-money-jeremiahs-journey/

As a small charity, every penny makes a difference to local families who are anticipating the death of someone special or who have been bereaved. Sadly their service will always be needed and this is why your support is so important.

St Luke's Hospice are planning a midnight walk for women on 18 July, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.stlukes-hospice.org.uk/

St Luke's care for people with serious illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease, heart failure, multiple sclerosis and chronic lung disease, treating any adult over the age of 18.  They are still planning additional medical, nursing and support services we can provide in the future, to support professionals, patients and their carers.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed.  If you would like to make a donation, here is my site:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/StephenDilley

52 days to go to my next challenge, a duathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment